Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Feel free to give the link out to your friends that you like playing games with. We can't be a community without people!

Members
  • Total Members: 10
  • Latest: giled
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Shout @ Bob

Last 5 Shouts:

Arcy

March 12, 2015, 02:11:46 PM
"A man isn't dead while his name is still spoken." - Terry Pratchett

BerryBlood

February 26, 2013, 06:56:49 PM
o_O am poking on a scroll of ressurection atm. it's weird!

Arcy

February 18, 2013, 03:18:18 PM
*poke*

BerryBlood

February 16, 2013, 06:37:05 AM
moo

Arcy

August 14, 2012, 04:43:48 PM
Eek!

Show 50 latest

Author Topic: A couple possible updates =D  (Read 224148 times)

January 29, 2011, 02:56:40 PM
  • The User of Lowbies
  • Administrator
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    • Berryblood.com
In the coming months I'm going to be playing around with looking at different forum software. This all depends on the level of stupid SMF is or becomes. Currently I'm looking at some comparison sites to see what's out there and good and usable etc. phpBB is kind of a last resort imo. (As when we used it I really hated admining it.) http://www.test.berryblood.com/ will be where I will play with anything though before attempting to port over.

It's not a certainty though. >.> All this from looking at how to fix the stupid youtube tags. They don't show the video as far as I can tell. (Apparently SMF has been dicking over any one that speaks up about how they're doing things. Hell, they even banned one of the original creators of SMF from the forums. >.<)

So, any suggestions or opinions on different forums that anyone has used will be appreciated.

Berry's Sims - BB's Oekaki
Poor is the man, who believes his own lies.

January 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM
Reply #1
  • Chaser of Rocks
  • Global Moderator
dont really have any experience with forums (as in using them... cant program or anything for shit) other than phpBB...
yay for being useless =D 

January 29, 2011, 06:34:59 PM
Reply #2
  • The User of Lowbies
  • Administrator
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    • Berryblood.com
And until they put a reliable auto installer for the board or mods in that thing, I'm not touching it again. They're talking about it for the next build, but it now reads like they're not turning it to a full installer. I think they're confused as to what one is. And the automod mod apparently doesn't even fully work anymore. And ModX is a fucking joke. It doesn't help install the mod, it makes it color coded but it's still the same process of hunting, editing and praying you didn't fuck up anything with your inexperience with the code.

January 29, 2011, 07:29:33 PM
Reply #3
  • The User of Lowbies
  • Administrator
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    • Berryblood.com
i think i'm gonna stick in the "dear god just let this be a limited stupid from these guys" camp >.> gonna try and go to smf 2.0 rc4 cause i'm liking more of what they're doing...sigh

January 29, 2011, 11:14:36 PM
Reply #4
  • The User of Lowbies
  • Administrator
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    • Berryblood.com
ok well, that went relatively fine. let me know if anything is acting up. couldn't find a working you tube embedder so likes for all for now. =p

now, i'm gonna go pass out for awhile. >.>

Bobs' Information

Recent Posts